Alatise Year 3
Welcome to Alatise Class!
Class Teacher: Miss Pugsley
TAs: Mrs Rimmer, Mrs Selvey & Mrs Peden
- Maths and English homework will be sent out on Fridays to be returned on the following Tuesday. (This should not take longer than 30 minutes). The homework will usually relate to the work covered in class. Please complete in pencil.
- Spellings will be sent home on Fridays to be tested the following Friday.
- We are introducing Times Tables Rock Stars (an online system for practicing times tables, either online or in app) which aims to improve speed and accuracy. Times tables will still be tested weekly, on Fridays - children will have a specific times table to practice at home set by the teacher.
- PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. PE kit should be named and left in school. Plimsoles for indoor PE and trainers for outdoor PE.
- In order to make good progress, children should read for at least 20 minutes per day. Once children finish a book, a test is available on Accelerated Reader which should be completed before choosing a new book. Reading books should be brought into school every day and taken home at the end of the day.
- Please bring Reading Records in on Mondays for checking. Your child may write a comment after reading and parents should sign the books at least once a week.
- Children to bring book bags in every day.
Topics we are covering this year:
Autumn 1: Urban Pioneers
Autumn 2: 1066
Spring 1: Misty Mountains
Spring 2: Gods and Mortals
Summer 1: Mighty Metals
Summer 2: Road Trip USA