Marc Year 1
Welcome to Marc Class
Our class is named after Franz Marc. He was a German painter and printmaker. Lots of his artwork contained animals and bright colours.
We created our own Franz Marc inspired paintings by choosing our favourite animal and by using lots of vibrant colours.
Here is some important information regarding homework for KS1.
- Children need to bring in book bags everyday please.
- Reading books will be changed on a Tuesday and a Thursday. The children will be given a phonics book linked to the sounds from the previous or the current week, or choosing their own book from the Accelerated Reader library.
- Children need to be reading for at least 20 minutes each day.
- PE is on a Tuesday. Children need to come to school dressed in PE kits.
- Homework (English, Maths and Spellings) will go out on a Wednesday and is due back on the following Monday. Homework will be uploaded onto Google Classroom and should be completed in the homework books.
- Spelling tests will be on Monday.
- Year 1s you can practice your number bonds using hit the button (https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me
Our skills builder project this week was all about ‘Going Green’. We learnt all about the problems that the Earth is facing such as wasting water, too much rubbish and pollution.
We created super team names. Then we needed to use our listen skills to find out about Global Warming and the different things that we can to do to help save the planet.
We then created an Eco hero. We decided as a team what we would like to help change. Then we created an Eco hero. We had lots of great ideas. We had a water hero, who saves water. We had an electric hero, who saves electricity and we had a recycling hero, who makes sure rubbish is recycled correctly.
We then created our own badges using a new skill: sewing. We had to use our listening skills to help us to learn how to sew correctly. We also had to use our positivity skills to keep going and to not give up.
Our Dinosaur Masks
The children loved showing their dinosaur masks to each other, this week. They all discussed the dinosaur that they were and told everybody the facts that they knew. They were very good at guessing!
Well done everyone! You have all made such roarsome masks!
The Great Fire of London
We have been learning all about 'The Great Fire of London'. We have designed our own Tudor style houses using card. We also went back in time and wrote a diary entry to describe what is was like to be there at the fire.
As we are learning all about 'The Great Fire of London', today we recited the song London's burning. We also thought of actions to go with each line in the song!
Today we went over to forest school to look for signs of Autumn. In science, we have been looking at the change in weather and the difference between evergreen and deciduous trees. We found lots of signs of Autumn such as acorns, mushrooms, apples falling, red and orange leaves and fallen leaves. We had lots of fun exploring forest school and all the Autumnal changes.
A Jam Sandwich for Paddington
This week, we were challenged by Paddington Bear to make him a delicious jam sandwich. We had to help Miss Gayson make the jam sandwich by giving her clear instructions. We then sent this off to Paddington Bear. When we came in to school on Thursday, we found a note from Paddington. He said that he loved our sandwich so much that he needed the recipe. We each wrote Paddington the recipe for a jam sandwich, so that he could make one to.