Basquiat Year 4
Welcome to Team Basquiat 2023-2024!
Welcome to Team Basquiat. We are super excited to learn and grow together as a team. We strive to do our best and offer these words of encouragement to each other...
PE day for Years 4 in Basquiat Class for Autumn Term 1 is Monday and Tuesday.
Mondays is swimming. Children should come to school in their school uniform and bring their swimming kit (see below for more information regarding this).
Tuesday is PE. Please ensure that you send your child into school wearing their kit (named) for next week.
The children are settling back into school.
Please read through the Parent Meet the Teacher ppt
Here is some key information for you:
- Children are expected to bring in their reading books and Reading Records every day.
- Children are expected to read for at least 15-20 minutes every day at home. They should record every time they read with a comment and date. Parents, please comment and sign the Reading Record once a week.
- Reading books can be changed once children have read them.
- It is the expectation at Longlands that children complete a reading quiz on Accelerated Reader every time they finish a book: AR Quizzes: https://ukhosted57.renlearn.co.uk/6708488/default.aspx
- Swimming for Year 4s is on Mondays. Children need to come to school dressed in their uniform along with a swimming costume, goggles (if required) and a towel.
- Homework (English, Maths, Spellings, Times Table) will go out on a Friday. English and Maths is due back on the following Wednesday . Homework will be uploaded onto Google Classroom and should be completed in the Homework Books.
- Spelling and times tables test will be on Fridays.
- Spelling practise- spellings are on Ed Shed (logins provided) https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/
- Times Tables Rock Stars (https://play.ttrockstars.com/) should be used to practise for Times Tables tests. Children in Year 4 are expected to learn Times Tables up to x12, and they will be tested randomly on all Tables each week.
- PE day will change each term.
We have been having lots of fun in our science lessons! Check it out! We are learning about solids, liquids and gases and called this topic 'Oh what a state!' As part of our lesson we had fun investigating different items to find out which category the belong to...you could say we got a little bit messy!
It was super fun to explore and we made some great discoveries...take a look
We are having so much fun! Pugs of the Frozen North is fantastic! We have been getting to know the character Shen and how much he cares for his 66 pugs! Yes 66 pugs!
Have a look at some of our drama lessons, we created tableuxs to show our understanding of the events in the book.