Kahlo Year 3-4
Welcome to Kahlo Class!
Class Teacher: Mrs Rossiter
TA: Mrs Rimmer
PE day for Years 3 and 4 in Kahlo Class for autumn term 1 is Friday. Please ensure that you send your child into school wearing their kit (named) for next week.
The children are settling back into school.
Please read through the Parent Meet the Teacher ppt
Here is some key information for you:
- Children are expected to bring in their reading books and Reading Records every day.
- Children are expected to read for at least 15-20 minutes every day at home. They should record every time they read with a comment and date. Parents, please comment and sign the Reading Record once a week.
- Reading books can be changed once children have read them.
- It is the expectation at Longlands that children complete a reading quiz on Accelerated Reader every time they finish a book: AR Quizzes: https://ukhosted57.renlearn.co.uk/6708488/default.aspx
- Swimming for Year 4s is on Mondays. Children need to come to school dressed in their uniform along with a swimming costume, goggles (if required) and a towel.
- Homework (English, Maths, Spellings, Times Table) will go out on a Friday. English and Maths is due back on the following Wednesday . Homework will be uploaded onto Google Classroom and should be completed in the Homework Books.
- Spelling and times tables test will be on Fridays.
- Spelling practise- spellings are on Ed Shed (logins provided) https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/
- Times Tables Rock Stars (https://play.ttrockstars.com/) should be used to practise for Times Tables tests. Children in Year 4 are expected to learn Times Tables up to x12, and they will be tested randomly on all Tables each week. Children in Year 3 will be set different Times Tables to learn each week.
- PE day will change each term.